Throne of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zimmers Hole...

3 posters

Go down

Zimmers Hole... Empty Zimmers Hole...

Post  Eye_Am Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:19 am

Using this as a test to figure out how to post videos onto the forum.

I don't how many of you out there like this band. They're almost like a metal Wierd Al.
(And they have the God, Gene Hoglan on drums)
But this song in particular I love because it explains really well how I see all of my so called "metal" buddies from back in the day.
They've all faded away to non-existance and conformed to the so called normal way of life.
I'm left to carry on the tradition amongst my peers.
Metal was never truly in their blood.
I see it all the time in people I meet.
"Man, I used to LOVE Slayer and Morbid Angel."
How the hell does one say that and then turn around and put on the Black album or Nickleback?
Because metal was NEVER really in their blood.
I have more respect for my old buddies that still listen to Poison or Ratt.
At least they still stand up for their gay rights.

Of course, this post comes from a conversation I had with one of the presidents of my rail road.
He stated, "MAN, I used to love Slayer!"
I asked him what he thought of Christ Illusion. His response?
"Slayer is still together?"
Then he touted how well of an album "Ten" (by Pearl Jam is) As if I was expected to say, "Hell Yeah dude. Awesome album."
I responded the way I always do. The honest asshole.
President or not.
"Pearl Jam sucks. What the fuck happened to you?"
He was taken aback, then laughed.
Of course the guys I work with were in the office when we had the discussion. When we left the office they asked me why I talk to management the way I do.
It amazes them that I speak to the "Brass" the way I do.

I look at it this way. First of all, I'm probably the best locomotive engineer in my company. (Even with long hair, tattoos and a fuck you attitude) I get the compliments on it constantly. So I am comfortable in my ego.
Second of all, I shoot straight. (Which leads me to future posts on this site. Meaning, fuck you if you don't like what I have to say. I've been on metal sites a long time and tend to stir up shit about once a month. It's nothinjg personal. It's just my opinion. So try not to get offended. I actually respect more, the people that argue with me, than those that sit back and hold their tongue)
Thirdly, I just don't give a shit. Ask a man his honest opinion and you should recieve an honest opinion. Not a lackluster ball licking episode because someone is President of your company, a site moderator or owner, or an "Important Person."
The important people in MY life are my kids, friends and family.
Fourthly, most people are fucking stupid.
And the 'fourthly' is what gets me the most.

I find that true metal heads see the ignorance of the world. I'm not talking about book or street smarts. I'm talking about the blinders that most people in this world wear. We see through the bullshit to the root cause.
Our music translates this gross oversight into art and awareness of just how fucked up humanity can be. It allows us to enjoy lifes good side even more, when singing about death and destruction.
We have an advantage, as we see things for what they really are, instead of ignoring what really is.

(By the way, I sent this video to the president, via myspace and he got a kick out of it. He's got a glimmer of the metal attitude still. He is still a lifelong friend of the founder of Novembers Doom. They were in a band together as kids.)

So, my first rant out of the way, here's a video for all my peeps from back in the day...

Eye_Am
Eye_Am

Back to top Go down

Zimmers Hole... Empty Re: Zimmers Hole...

Post  Occultus Nocturne Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 am

I pretty much agree with you on all of that... and sadly and oddly it does happen, but metal is for the strong and elite few I think. I hate when people just refer to it as music I like, because in most peoples eyes with thier respective tastes that's all it is, prefered music taste. With us though it has always been a lifestyle. I was talking to my buddy the other day about pop music. Essentially once you rip off every new age band under the sun, and you cant find any signifigant "original" hooks, you're done and replaced before you turn thirty. Metal as you know is unique in that we respect our elders haha and none of us actually fucking retire. Fucking buford from saxon looks like a goddamn grand wizard or something. Here's how we retire: Cancer, or just death in general. Those who fall out of it just did it initially I think because of a point in time where it was an acceptable way to gain a semblence of individuality without deviating too far from the norm. Then again if you're into metal to be accepted in anyway you're probably into it for the wrong reasons, because metal as I have always understood it is the anti statement, and likeminded brothers and sisters of metal know and understand this... so I say if they go, let em go they where never true in the first place... as they say...Heavy metal! Or no metal at all! wimps and posers, leave the hall!
Occultus Nocturne
Occultus Nocturne

http://www.myspace.com/nyalologoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Thermonuclear Warrior Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:58 am

I fucking hate people saying "Metal was something I was into when I was young"
That's degrading the genre. It's not like nursery rhyme shit you grow out of once you're 4 years old! Especially given the composition and the level of skill and talent that a lot of metal bands have. Most mainstream listeners wouldn't be able to appreciate that sort of thing. It's too much for them. Probably because they're too stupid to even pay attention. I've disowned people like this. Another thing I've noticed are asshats who say they are "done with Metal" and then they try to come back to it, like nothing happened. You just can't fucking do that and expect all of us to respect you again! Especially certain musicans or bands who go techno, grunge, alternative, or "hard rock." Especially in the mid to late 90's but now that Metal is "in" again for another 10 minutes in the mainstream, these people are "going back to their roots" after saying shit like "We're not out to save Heavy Metal", "We're NOT Metal, we're just HARD ROCK", "Metal is dead and I am done with it", etc.
I'd rather support bands that always played Metal and never gave up or sold out. The bands that never turned their back on metal and still released quality albums even during the roughest of times.
Thermonuclear Warrior
Thermonuclear Warrior
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eye_Am Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:21 am

@ Occultus and Haunted...
A fucking men.
Eye_Am
Eye_Am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum